Sunday, July 30, 2017

Walking - Day 9



Psalm 40

Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after a lie!  You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.  In sacrifice and offering you have not delighted, but you have given me an open ear. Burnt offering and sin offering you have not required.  Then I said, "Behold, I have come; in the scroll of the book it is written of me: I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."



I had a different walking buddy this morning.  God has gifted us with a grandson who truly is a bundle of energy and enthusiasm.  His face lights up at the strangest things.  He is inquisitive, loves to explore, and enjoys life.  His energy drives me to try to keep up – but it is not easy.

Today as we walked, I thought about the joy that God brings through focusing and trusting in Him.  As I thought about Psalm 40, it says, “you have given me an open ear”, and “I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart”.  I prayed and asked God to open my ears to hear the things from Him and from others that I needed to hear.  He has given me ears to hear Him better, and He has enabled me to hear the others around me with more clarity.  It is a new “ear”, so I still have work to do, but here is the rest of it.  I delight to do Your will!!  It isn’t enough for God to give me ears to hear if I am not willing and excited to do what He needs me to do.  It isn’t enough to hear the hearts of the people around you if you aren’t delighted to respond as they need you to respond.

My grandson gives me great joy when he hears what I ask him to do and does it.  He benefits from listening well also.  It is my prayer that I will continue to develop ears that hear God well and hear the hearts of my family well so I can respond with joy in serving them.

Today’s walk was a little more upbeat – as it can be expected when you are chasing a 2 year old around, but with the puddles and other distractions, it was very relaxing.

I look forward to another day tomorrow – this time, the walk will be in Concord. NH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment