Thursday, July 27, 2017

Walking - Day 7



Psalm 37

Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O LORD. How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart!



Today began with an early 7.5 mile bike ride.  Dee was going to Pure Barre, and so she drove and I took a ride to get the car back.  It was a little wet this morning, but the rain had mostly stopped when I started my ride.  I got back to the house just before 6 and decided I had enough time to take my walk.

God has been doing something amazing in my life, and with all of the hardship that has been going on, yesterday I got a vision of hope and healing.  I pray that things are moving in the right direction, so I am very excited about what today has in store.

I noticed about halfway through my walk that my pace was much, MUCH faster than normal.  Not because I was in a hurry (although I really only had 30 minutes to get done my 30 minute walk – many of the others have been much longer), but I am riding the joy of what God is doing.  I read Psalm 37 where it says, “They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.”  And I could not help but glory in these words. 

God has made available to me the abundance of His house.  He has invited me to drink from the river of His delight.  He is my fountain of life!  In His light I get to see real light!  Yes, my view of the future is much different today in light of what God is doing – and has shown me in the past day.  I have experienced a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

I have miles to go – I have much still to learn – I have to continue to trust God and pursue Him with my whole heart.  But with my best friend at my side, and God in the view, I walk with greater confidence, greater anticipation, and greater speed.  I am excited about the future.  God has so much more in store for us.

Tomorrow I walk again – only God knows at what pace, and if I will walk alone, but I trust that He’s got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment