Sunday, July 30, 2017

Walking - Day 8



Psalm 40

I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.



It was Friday evening – and what an amazing day it has been.  I have enjoyed just about every part of the day.  But I hadn’t walked yet.  Was I going to walk alone tonight?  If not, what would that be like?

Well, the question was answered.  I asked my wife if she would join me for my slow (not exercise) walk around the neighborhood, and she said, “yes”.  My heart jumped – I was really looking forward to what was next.

We started down the driveway away from the house, and I had to slow the pace and pull her back. She gave me her sheepish grin, and said, “oh, yeah”.  You see, we have walked many, many miles together – but most at a pace most people would tire very quickly from.  Tonight was going to be different.

We walked around the neighborhood, and she began to talk.  She shared all of the events of the day, the things going on at work, the funny things, they difficult things, the annoying things…  Just tons of stuff!  I soaked it all in – she was sharing her day, and I was living it with her.  I realized that there are so many moments of her day that I know little or nothing about.  It makes me more excited to hear about them in the future.

God gave us a little present as we walked.  We stopped by a neighbor’s house who had just started a bee hive hobby.  He gave us a jar of honey.  Dee was so excited about the honey!  I love to see her smile.

God has put a new song in my mouth – and it is a song of praise to Him.  I was hurting, alone, and really without hope, yet He has come alongside me and put my feet again on solid rock.  I pray that many will see and put their trust in God as well.  God help me to continue to trust in you to be the man I need to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment