Friday, February 3, 2012

Where do I look??

Life is getting busy, well actually it has always been busy.  What I find interesting is that when I am centered in my thinking and focused in my thoughts, the complications of life become a whole lot simpler. 

The question is, what am I doing to make sure that my thoughts are centered?  Where am I focusing my mind?

I was talking with my son this morning about things that people believe that are not true.  Skinny women thinking they are fat.  Smart people believing they are dumb.  Beautiful people thinking they are ugly.  Even idiots believing they are geniuses.  It is amazing the lies that people tell themselves and then end up believing. 

As a husband and a father, it is critical that I evaluate the things that are going through my mind to find out where they originate.  Arguments and fights often begin with thoughts that are dwelt on for too long and become true in my mind regardless of the real truth.  As I travel with groups of individuals, I need to make sure that the things I allow myself to dwell on are true, because I am susceptible to the accolades that lead to arrogance, and the blunders I make that lead to self loathing.

Lord, help me spend the time in your word and talking with you daily so that my mind might be Yours.  Help me to be able to decipher through your Holy Spirit the difference between the lies I am holding on to, and the truth that I need to understand.  Help me to seek the counsel of others when the struggles come.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment