Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What an incredible organism...

I love working out.  I enjoy playing ball.  I like exercise.  Why?  Because I know it is what my body needs to function well, to function efficiently, and to grow. 

I try to eat the right things.  I try to get the rest I need. I attempt to take care of things that hurt or things that are sore.  Why?  Because it is best for my body to be healthy and whole.

Today in my office I had a visit from another member of the body of Christ.  As he spoke, I was encouraged in my walk with God.  As an "elder" member of the body of Christ, he challenged me to think forward, move closer to Christ, contemplate others well.  His goal in my office today... I am not completely sure.  But what he accomplished was stretching, exercising, feeding, motivating, etc another part of the body of Christ.

We are amazed by the out workings of our physical bodies, but how much more amazing is the body of Christ that continues to grow and mature as we intentionally feed it, nurture it, exercise it, challenge it. 

Working out requires pain.  Exercise isn't easy. Playing sports requires effort and is often exhausting.  Choosing to eat the right foods and right sleep patterns requires discipline.  Same is true for the Spiritual body of Christ.

Do the work necessary today to strengthen your inner man.  Do the work necessary today to strengthen others in the body of Christ.  You may not see the results of the effort today, tomorrow, this week, this month, or even this year, but I guarantee you, you will see the results.  After all, this is what God is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment