Sunday, February 5, 2012

Return on the Investment

We were studying 3 John this morning, and we talked about investing in the lives of missionaries.  As a missionary, this is a difficult conversation to have.  However, it is also a great reminder for me.

You see, I have had literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of people who have invested in my life over the years.  From my parents and school teachers to coaches and various employers, I will never be able to say that I am a "self-made" man, because so many others have poured time, energy, finances and wisdom into me.  I am the result of the investment of so many others (and of course the grace of God in my life).

My thought this morning is, what kind of return are these people getting for their investment in my life?  What am I doing to keep this focus daily?  When I am tired, when I am busy, when I am alone, when I am working... every activity, every action, every endeavor brings a result for myself and the people who invested in my life.

Lord help me keep the presence of mind to know that it is not my life I am living, it is not my decisions I am making, it is not my goals I am aspiring to, but rather the direction and goals that will bring the greatest glory to your name and the highest return on the investors in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment