Monday, July 13, 2009

What do I need God for?

Ever have one of those thoughts that you just can't get out of your head? Not long ago I was thinking about wealthy people who are well balanced. You know, not the ones that are not satisfied with what they have, but rather the ones that have much and are willing to share with others.

I was thinking, if I were talking with a moral, unselfish, others minded person of means, what would I use to help them see their need for Christ? I mean really, can Christ make their present life any better.

I found this chart and realized that apparently, that is thoughts of most "wealthy" people. "I have all that I want, I don't need God". It seems that the poorer a person is, the more they recognize their need for "religion".

Very briefly, here are some of my thoughts...

1. Spiritual poverty is a much greater problem than people know - we are not poor without Christ, we are completely, utterly destitute spiritually. It is imperative that we share the truth about our condition with all people - even those with money.

2. Asking this question is like asking an investor if they need their advisor when the markets are doing well. The real test of the financial advisor is what he provides when the markets are failing. Physical wealth can be lost in an instant, and if you are relying on your own financial status for joy, satisfaction, value in life, your foundation is very unstable.

3. The physical life of this world is only temporary - we need to keep an eternal mind when speaking of the value of Christ in a persons life. Yes, temporary pleasure, satisfaction and wealth are nice, but what of your soul?

So, how would you answer the question, "What do I need God for?"

No comments:

Post a Comment