Wednesday, July 8, 2009

IMPACT THE FUTURE

Have you seen the movie, "Push"? It is a sci-fi thriller that deals with psychic powers in people - it's an interesting movie, but I wouldn't give it rave reviews. HOWEVER, they make a statement in the beginning that I have to quote here. It goes like this.

"The good news is, the future is always changing, in the largest of ways, by the smallest of things."

They illustrate it visually with a marble, but the concept is constantly throughout the movie - small choices today make large impacts tomorrow.

Now I know this flies in the face of my theology - because I know all things are in God's hands and he orchestrates the future - but it also agrees with my theological anthropology in that man makes choices and those choices have consequences. ANYWAY...

Here is the thought for today. Your small choices - seemingly insignificant today - impact the future for yourself and others. Just like a drop in the pond causes ripples that grow, our choices (even private choices) affect the future.

The question is, how will your future be changed by your choices today. I remember a saying from years ago, "you will be who you are becoming".

Make wise choices, whether large or small, with a vision for the future, and change this world!

2 comments:

  1. o good! I just heard a saying today, "All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today." An old Indian proverb. Made me think.

    What a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good! I just heard a saying today, "All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today." An old Indian proverb. Made me think.

    What a great blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete