Monday, June 14, 2010

Mid-summer thoughts...

Just a few weeks ago I returned from Guatemala (El Salvador) with a team of 10 from New Hampshire. In just a few short days, I will be leaving with a team of 30 to go to Mexico, a country I have yet to be in. Two weeks after my return, I leave again with a team from Chattanooga to Peru. Busy, busy, busy.

I am so thankful that God has allowed me to work with individuals in this capacity. It is exciting getting to talk with people who are on a missions trip because they are expecting God to do something - and often He does. They get excited about serving God. They get excited about returning home and living for Him there. They even get excited about the possibility of serving full time in missions.

What also makes my ministry so much fun is being the liaison between the people here in the states and the ministry overseas. I love coming home and sharing the stories, showing the pictures, talking with people about what God is doing. It is thrilling to see the excitement that people express as they think about the possibility of joining us in the future.

I am often reminded that I do not deserve this ministry. The enemy seeks to remind me of my faults and failures. It is then that I must remind myself that it is because of Christ that I do what I do. It is because of Christ that I am who I am. It is because of Christ that I have been blessed with something to share with others.

If you are doing well and rejoicing in what God has done for you today - remember that it is from God. If you are struggling and the enemy is seeking to destroy you - remember it is because of Christ that you can stand and defeat the enemy.

I hope I can remember this truth - if you get a chance remind me (or others) as you have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment