Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mexico Trip - Day 3

Woke up and had breakfast at around 8. After breakfast the team was given a little time for morning devotions. Then we headed outside for our morning assignments. We found out that they had changed the plan for the ditch, and it was very good news. The ditch would be changed from the original plan to a revised layout that would require less digging! Praise the Lord. This news was met with much excitement. So the work began and we broke into teams. Sealing the roof with paint, laying the concrete in the new room, digging a new ditch, and of course digging in the sewage line. By the end of the day, we had made great progress on most jobs.

After work, the evening went much like yesterday, we had dinner, a break time – some of the kids went outside and played basketball – and then praise and worship, followed by a discussion on the Beatitudes. During the singing, it was obvious that some of the kids were wrestling with things. As of yet, I have not had the opportunity to talk with them, but we will see as the week progresses.

Something else we started today was a testimony at meal time. Mariah shared her testimony, and then we did some singing. The team sang 2 songs in Spanish. The people here at the church joined in and then asked us to sing another song with them. It was a wonderful time of connecting with the workers.

The day ended with an attempt at a game of Rage, but we had to go to bed by 10, so time was limited.

I am praying for opportunities to talk to the individual team members, and so far it has been very fruitful to interact with them. I have enjoyed learning about them and their understanding of the Gospel. The task is large, and sometimes that makes it more difficult, but if I keep a focus on one person at a time, I am certain God will give me an opportunity to talk with most of the team. Jeff asked me about my background today, and I hope to share my testimony sometime this week. As always this will not be easy, but I am sure that God will use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment