Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cedarville University Peru Trip - Final Moments

Well, it was a great trip - it ended rather abruptly as our time in the airport wasn't all we had expected it to be.  We had planned on 3-4 hours in the airport, sitting around, talking, laughing, doing our 2-18 sessions, etc. but God had other plans.  Instead we ended up spending about 30 minutes walking to our car after being at the water park.  We spent 45 minutes driving to the airport.  And then when we arrived, we ended up spending 2+ hours in the check-in line.  We arrived at the gate with just minutes to spare before we boarded the plane.

I don't know why God allows these types of things to happen, but for some reason, He wanted the end of the trip to be kind of "open-ended".  We had things to finish.  We had conversations that still needed to be had.  It was frustrating, but I know God knows what He is doing.

The "frustration" didn't end there though.  When we arrived in Atlanta (15 minutes late), we headed down to get our luggage, only to be delayed longer.  With a 2 hour layover, I thought we would have plenty of time, but instead, by the time we got all our bags and sent everyone through security, the team had just minutes to get to their gate and I caught my ride home with a minute to spare!  We didn't get to say goodbye face to face, but rather waving at each other from opposite sides of airport security.

Not my way to end a trip, but again, God knows why this team needed this type of departure.  I contemplated it on the way home, but I am confident that God is going to use these kids in amazing ways in the future.

Now I am beginning to turn my attention to the team going March 23-30.  A team of teenagers from Philadelphia are doing the "follow up" to this teams work.  I think both teams will be blessed as a result of working with these kids.  I don't know what lies ahead, but I thank God that He does, and that I can be confident that it is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment