Monday, December 12, 2011

Hearing the voice of God

Okay, I know that I am supposed to be blogging about Guatemala and the Bundles trip - but I had some problems with the internet last week - those blogs are coming.  However, occasionally I get ideas that I really want to put down to record for to be read again in the future, and this is one of them.

An interesting thing happened today, I received an e-mail, and as I was reading it, I could hear the voice of the person who wrote it saying the things I was reading.  Have you ever had that happen?  It is so cool - reading but hearing.

As I was thinking about this, I looked to my left where my Bible was laying open to Matthew 1.  I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool to hear the very voice of God as I read His word?"  What a neat concept.  I know, what kind of voice would I expect God to have?  A loud deep voice like James Earl Jones?  A soft whispering voice?  A kind, warm and welcoming voice?  I don't know.

What I do know is that I can't imagine being Moses - hearing the very voice of God.  I can't imagine being Peter, James and John on the mount of the transfiguration hearing God speak of His son.  It is inconceivable. 

However, I also know that it is by reading His word I get to hear the very thoughts of God.  I get to hear the things He has recorded for me over 2000+ years ago.

Have you heard the voice of God today?  There isn't a voice I would rather hear today.

No comments:

Post a Comment