Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haiti Trip - Day 7

Haiti Trip – Day 7 (October 10)

Today started as most others – I jumped in the shower to cool off (I took a shower in the middle of the night it was so hot). As I was looking around, I realized I had a friend in the shower – a large frog. Of course I had to get a picture of it for Harrison – I took a lot of pictures of animals for him.

Highlights of the day...

1 - Preaching Sunday Morning – spoke on Phil 2 – used the idea of the kids asking “What is your name?” everywhere I go. To remind them that we are to be about promoting the name of Christ, because His name is above every other. We also sang “Lord I lift your name on high” with Sanchez and Jimmy for the congregation.

2 – Saying good bye to friends of Grand Bassin – kitchen staff, children, Lovelie, Leis.

3 – Driving in the back of the truck again – this time we spend most of the time in the rain! It was hilarious. People thought we had lost our minds – that we didn't have enough sense to get out of the rain. Even the goats were out of the rain – but not Dr Lonas and I. We were soaked – but it was a lot of fun watching people, and it was nice being a little “cold” - we hadn't experienced that for quite some time.

4 – Visiting with Pastor Rodne and his family – we are staying at their home until we leave for the airport on Tuesday afternoon. They are wonderful hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment