Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haiti Trip - Day 5

Haiti Trip – Day 5 (October 8)

I called Harrison first thing this morning to say Happy Birthday. He sounded a little tired – I am hoping to call again if I can use Jimmy's phone.

Highlights of the day...

1 – We were able to see more patients today – I say we – actually, they saw the patients, I just took pictures talked with people, and helped out wherever necessary.

2 – We saw a kid yesterday who had an infection in his hand – he returned today to get it checked up on. Karen is taking a liking to him because he has no mother or father to care for him. His name is Charles, and he is 13 years old.

3 – I was able to talk with Harrison and Dee today – it was the highlight for most of the team to be able to connect with their family today. Harrison seems to be having a great birthday, I just wish I could be there.

4 – It rained today for the first time since we have been here, but it was just a little rain. Enough to make it feel cooler, but eventually it just became more humid.

5 – We were able to finish the pharmacy clean up – tomorrow we will be emptying the outdated drugs that cannot be used.

6 – Dr Dean is getting ready to go home, so we spent some of the evening encouraging him and talking about how he has encouraged us all week. We took pictures with “Kevin” (the extra bag that came from the airport), and laughed together for a while. It was a great send off.

No comments:

Post a Comment