Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haiti Trip - Day 4

Haiti Trip – Day 4 (October 7)

Highlights of the day...

1 – Woman that Dr Dean Lenz worked on 2 years ago (removed a growth from her side) is now employed by the clinic to clean – her scar looked wonderful – she is very thankful for God allowing Dean to help her.

2– Michelle and Karen are gaining a vision for training and helping the woman of Grand Bassin in educating them about sex, child birth, labor and delivery, etc. They are excited about gaining equipment and supplies to help Lovely with the women here.

3 – We took a trip up the local mountain, and were able to see the whole area at once. What a view. We could see for miles. The walk was about a 3 ½ hour walk, and we finished about 6:30 in the evening. It was dark by then, so we used the camera to see to cross the creek. Interestingly enough, I had packed my flashlight just in case it got dark, but forgot that I had packed it. Anyway, it was a good illustration for speaking in church.

Tomorrow is Harrison's birthday – Jimmy said he would try to get me a phone card to be able to call him. I do miss the family – I especially miss talking with them. It has been 3 days since I talked to them – much too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment