Monday, March 1, 2010

As the Mariner Follows His Compass

As the mariner follows his compass,
and the motorist follows his guide,
May you follow the words of Jesus,
May they draw you close to His side.

For the Bible's the only guide book,
to direct you wherever you roam.
"Tis the only compass given;
And it points straight north to home."


And if ever life's sea is choppy,
or the mountains of life are steep,
you may read within these pages,
"Fear not, for I know my sheep."

"I'll love, I'll guide, I'll keep you,"
this is His message to you,
Read it and miss not the blessing,
For His Word has been tried and is true.

Yes, the mariner needs his compass,
and the motorist needs his guide,
and you, too, need the Master,
ever close at your side.

Jesus, the Friend of sinners,
Jesus, the Savior of men,
in the Bible the story is written,
read it, again and again.

(Elsie C Webb)

No comments:

Post a Comment