Monday, March 8, 2010

How are your investments doing?

I remember when I was a kid, and a salesman came to our door to sell windows. My dad, not the most patient person in the world, gave him some time to tell him about these windows he was selling. The salesman said, "You know, your house is your greatest investment." To which my father quickly replied, "No, my children are my greatest investment."

Ben Franklin encouraged people to invest in knowledge. A sound investment, I agree, but I don't believe it pays the "best interest". You see knowledge can be right or wrong. People can invest all kinds of time, money and energy in learning something that is not true, and the dividends will be devastating.

My thought would be "an investment in truth pays the best interest".

I would like to encourage you to think about your investment of your time, your energy, your money, your family, etc. How are you investing these things? Are you investing in the eternal? Are you investing in Truth? Are you investing wisely? Are you investing with purpose? If not, no matter how well they pay, it will never produce the dividends that you long for.

No comments:

Post a Comment