Thursday, February 18, 2010

Soaring like an Eagle

How peaceful it must be for an eagle to glide across the sky effortlessly. How wonderful it must seem to look down at the busyness of the world and not be impacted by it. How quiet it must sound with nothing but rushing wind to distract your thoughts. Oh to be an eagle today!


Running around, chasing the kids, keeping on top of work, balancing responsibilities, meeting with friends, caring for others, maintaining the house and cars... I need about 24 more hours in a day to do all that I want to and need to do. Or at least sometimes that is how it seems. I get aggravated with myself when I take on more than I can do, yet I enjoy the things I do (generally). I wish I could do more. I wish I were available more for friends and family. I wish I could just sit and talk a while with people, and then leave and sit and talk a while with other people. I long for a day when life is simpler, yet I know it will never come.

At times like this, I recall a verse from my youth, "They that wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will mount up with wings as eagles. They will run and not be weary. They will walk and not faint."

I ask myself, "are you waiting or working?" If I am honest, the answer usually is that I am working. Today I remind myself to wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment