Monday, February 8, 2010

Gotta hate the road blocks!

So, last night I made my way from Chattanooga to Philadelphia leaving home at 10:00 PM. Yes, that's right - I drove all night. I realize I am getting older, but truly it is the best time to travel without much traffic. That is until I hit the snow plow brigade in West Virginia. Route 81 goes through West Virginia for all of 25 miles - 15 of them we followed this train of vehicles going 15 miles per hour. Yes it tool me 1 hour to go 15 miles!

It makes me think about the paths of life that hit us daily. With the best of planning in life, we can travel through life at 65 miles an hour - smooth sailing. Then out of nowhere, a road block stops us, or slows us down to a snails pace. We can see this as an opportunity to get angry and respond, or as an opportunity to grow and respond. The responses will be drastically different.

Thankfully, I was too tired to be angry! What is your usual response??

No comments:

Post a Comment