Monday, January 4, 2010

Just a thought for the day...

Just spent the last 7 hours driving to Cedarville University in Cedarville, Ohio. As I traveled, I found myself keeping an eye out for the ones keeping an eye out for my speed. I drove very aware of my speed, especially when I saw the lights flashing.

Here's the thought - do you have people looking out for your "infractions" in your personal life? It is amazing how when you know others are looking that you are more conscious of doing right. For their benefit as well as your own. If you are a parent, your children are watching. If you are a sibling, your siblings are watching. If you are a worker, other workers are watching. If you are a leader, the followers are watching... In other words, no matter who you are, someone is watching you to see if you succeed, if you fail, if you live consistently, if you walk what you talk...

Find a way to get "flashing lights" in your daily routine to remind you that others are watching, because when we start to think we are an island with noone looking, we are bound to move a little faster than we should. And rest assured, when you go to fast, inevitably you will get caught.

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment