Monday, August 31, 2009

UGANDA: A Hug From God

For over 15 years, God entrusted me with the responsibility to share truth with teenagers. At 12 years old, I knew God called me to ministry, and as years went by, God grew in my heart a love for teens.

Somewhere along the road, my eyes were taken off God, and became squarely centered on myself. God allowed me to travel down that path, and ultimately it ended in utter failure and misery. As a result, I was confident that He was done with me. I knew that He would never use me again - especially in the lives of teenagers.

However, on Saturday, August 8 , 2009, God gave me a huge hug and reminded me I was His. I had the distinct pleasure of talking with over 450 teenagers in Uganda, and sharing with them the truth of the Gospel. To make the experience even better, God gave me the privilege of fielding questions about the Bible, America, even Obama. It was a wonderful time of interacting with the age group that God has given me a burden for.

Again I can be used by God to share His love with teenagers. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment