Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dead Becomes Alive Again...Really?

This time of year brings much conversation about the claims of a resurrected Christ. Christians hold fast to the claims of scripture that Jesus - who was crucified on a cross, stabbed with a sword to confirm death, and placed in a guarded tomb - rose again from the dead 3 days after his demise.

This is almost impossible to believe. Yet, the claims were not that He rose again and has not been seen again - if I were to make up the story, I might use this angle (easiest one to defend). The claims were not that He showed himself to his closest followers - although again, fairly easy to maintain with a small group of guys. But rather the Bible claims that Jesus showed Himself to a number of people - his disciples, Peter, James, by over 500 people at one time, and finally by Paul himself - after his ascension. Kind of makes the claim hard to refute.

As if that were not enough, his followers, were martyred for holding fast to this fact, and never did any of the eye witnesses recant their story. A body was never discovered. A world was changed by His story. And as if that were not enough...

I once was dead, but now I live. Yes, dead became alive in me when Christ - who is my savior - breathed into me new life. Now in my heart live new passions. In my mind are living thoughts. In my words are the Words of God. I - who once was dead - live with the exciting reality that when all is said and done, and this fleshly body passes on, I will again be raised as Christ was. I was given eternal life, and death no longer reigns in me.

Dead became alive when Christ gave of His life for my sin, and place on me His righteousness. It can happen for you as well. I'd love to tell you more...

No comments:

Post a Comment