Thursday, September 27, 2012

How do I respond...

"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning.  It's time to sing Your song again.  Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes. 

Bless the Lord, oh my soul, worship His holy name.  Sing like never before, oh my soul, I worship your holy name."
Matt Redman - 10,000 Reasons

In the past week, I have been through some interesting scenarios and have watched others walk through some deep water.  From my daughter having a stroke, a friend's child having a stroke, a friend having surgery for cancer in his stomach, and now a friend having his daughter lose an arm to an automobile accident.  Deep waters for some people, and I know there are thousands others waking to difficult situations today.  The question is, can I at the end of a difficult day still say "bless the Lord"?

It is so easy to be a follower of Christ when things are working out.  When life goes as I expect it to go, when the day plays out as I had planned, it is simple to praise God.  However, when the day begins with a bright outlook and something happens to turn our lives upside down, is my response still the same?

Lord help my faith be one that would say with this musician, "whatever may pass and whatever lies before me, let me be singing when the evening comes."

Thank you for being a loving Father that knows my limitations and has promised not to give me more than I can bear.  Help me to be reminded of that daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment