Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Forks of Life

Robert Frost's wrote a poem called "The Road Not Taken".  It is about a man who makes a decision to take the path "less traveled by" and finds that it made "all the difference".

The question I am wrestling with today is - what if both paths are equally traveled, lead to equally satisfying objectives, and have equal possibility to produce results.  Then what?  I mean, both roads lead to something good - yeah, there is a path that has destruction and misery at the end, but the two roads before me now are not that one.

How is a decision reached when the objectives for both directions are similar, when the personal "fit" for both roads is similar, and the fruit of either path is good?

Today I ask the question - I will see what God does to block one path or the other.  I have asked many to pray regarding this decision, and this is what I have asked them for.  I do not think either path to be greater than the other, but I know God will guide as we seek His leading.  I am praying for clarity - to know His will, guidance - to make the right decision, and boldness - to walk after Him no matter what.

I guess that really is all I can do now. God has already laid out my plan, obedience is all He requires.

Father help me to obey with wisdom and to walk after You with all my heart.

(Robert Frost's poem can be found at
http://www.bartleby.com/119/1.html ) 






No comments:

Post a Comment