Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Berean Bible Church - Guatemala Trip - Day 10


This is the day I usually forget to blog about – it is usually a very exciting, albeit sad day, as the team begins their journey home, splits up somewhere along the way, and eventually arrive at their destination tired, but happy.  It is a day of travel, waiting, carrying stuff, wondering if stuff will get where it is supposed to get, eating things you’d rather not eat…  It is a long day.

And today was no different.  The team loaded up around 8:00 this morning after a nice breakfast, and headed for the airport.  I was up rather early this morning, so I went out and took pictures of Pacaya (the volcano) and the city of Guatemala.  I took some video also of the place we were staying, and even took a video that I converted to a sound byte of the natural sounds of Guatemala City.  The team is going home with over 11 gig of pictures and video – I hope it tells their story well.

We reached the airport – handed out the passports and checked in.  Everything today went very smoothly.  Even our arrival in Houston was smooth – in and out of immigration and customs in just 30 minutes or so.  It was obvious that people were praying for us, because things went very smoothly.

Eventually we hugged and parted ways.  I really was blessed by the members of this team.  I pray that God brings us together again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment