Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Amazed and Baffled!

For years now, I have had the privilege of being the recipient of good comments about my children.  From the way they care for others to their lightheartedness to their obvious love for God, people have shared with me how my children have impacted them and their children.

It is this that causes me great pause when I think about my flawed, sinful, and obviously failing history.  I know me, God knows me, and yet He has given me the gift of children that love Him and serve Him well.  My wife has redeemed many of my faults by balancing me out with my children, and for that I am very thankful.

However, I am still baffled by the attitudes and behaviors of my children.  Where do they get this stuff?  They are strong but sensitive, caring but firm, aware of others without being critical.  It is honoring to watch, and I know it is a result of their heavenly Father who has trumped all of my failures by His grace.

Thank you, Father, for giving me three wonderful children and a caring, loving wife.  Thank you for not pouring on me the consequences I deserve in the lives of my children.  Thank you for raising them above my example and grounding them firmly in You.  I pray that they would continue to seek Your face all of their days, and that their children and grandchildren would follow after their example.

I know I am still in the process, and I know that my children are not perfect.  However, I also know that what God has begun in them He will complete!  And for this I am extremely grateful, and to this end I earnestly pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment