Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Returning from a Missions Trip

Following the missions trip to Mexico, I returned to my mother's home at 1:00 in the morning Saturday, July 3, and left for Chattanooga at 9:00 in the morning. I woke up at 7:00, so I started to prepare to return home. After a 11 hour drive, I had finally arrived in Chattanooga, and the trip was complete.

It is amazing all of the things God can accomplish in a persons life and heart over a 14 day period. Issues of pride and self reliance, lack of trust in God, lack of obedience, etc. can all be brought to light in just a few short days, and the conviction of the Spirit can change your heart and mind so quickly. However, it is in the daily life that the new ways of thinking and believing need to be implemented, and that is where the rubber meets the road.

How am I going to live differently? How will I trust God more? How will I lay aside my own abilities to lean on Christ? Will I allow God to strip away my own pride on a daily basis?

It is my desire to allow the Spirit to direct my life. I pray that I will not get in the way of what He wants to accomplish in me and others. I love going on missions trips and I love being home. I pray that regardless of where I am, whether at home or away, that I do all to be pleasing to my Father. I hope this is your prayer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment