Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Untitled



Food tastes like plastic,
Colors lost their hue,
The world is losing wonder,
Because it seems I’m losing you.

I get up in the morning,
Wishing for a sunny day,
Hope as I would for brighter things,
The sun just goes away.

The aching that my heart now feels,
Goes deep into my bone,
I’ve known hurt and pain in life,
But I’ve never been alone.

I now know hurt deep in my soul,
Like none I’ve ever known,
I wish my heart of beating flesh,
Could somehow turn to stone.

I guess I’ve learned I’ve caused such pain,
In ignorance and pride,
I wish I could undo the past,
Believe me, I have tried.

But now I walk through life alone,
With pain and much regret,
The road I’ve paved with selfishness,
I wish you could forget.

I cannot say a single word
That undoes what’s been done,
I cannot do enough good things,
That clears the path we’ve run.

I’ve hurt you and pushed you aside,
But you walked through all of it,
And now it seems it is my turn,
To spend time in the pit.

I know you are not trying to,
Tear apart my hurting heart,
I think that you a reeling still,
From the pain I did impart.

So I will eat the plastic food,
And walk in colors grey,
And wish again for joy to come,
To take the dark away.

No comments:

Post a Comment