Thursday, August 24, 2017

FOCUS



As I look into the heavens,
I see beauty up above,
I see power from a Mighty Hand,
I see a God of Love.

I look down to the earth below,
And see the beauty there,
I see a Master Planner’s work,
And know that He must care.

Then I look inside and see,
My heart of hurt and pain,
I see the failures of my life,
And sadness then I gain.

I see a proud and selfish man,
Who cared for none but him,
Who hurt the others that he loved,
And found himself in sin.

I see a broken wanderer,
That wants to fix the past ,
But the depth of hurt was much too deep,
He is learning that, at last.

I look at the heart of this broken man,
That longs to love and be loved,
And wonder why he is so alone,
When he has a Father above.

So I turn my gaze back to heaven
And talk to the God who loves me,
And remind myself of His wonderful gift,
That He gave me at Calvary.

I think of the righteousness He's given,
To someone I know doesn’t deserve,
And respond with a heart of thanksgiving,
And seek with my life just to serve.

I know that my Father in heaven,
And the Spirit that now lives in me,
Is moving within all my moments,
To make me what He wants me to be.

So today I will rest in His loving arms,
That He stretched on the cross for my sin,
And glory in His salvation,
And know in the end I will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment