Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finally sitting down to write

Over the past 4 weeks, I have thought numerous times of thoughts that I would like to record.  The amazing thing is it seems time just won't sit still long enough to get them written down.  What I think I need is a straight to text recorder on my computer so I can just speak what I am thinking and it will blog for me.  Well, I'm not getting one of those soon, so I guess I still have to type.

A new year has started, and what a start it is going to be.  From February 18th - April 28th, I have 4 missions trips, and apparently a spring break getaway with the family.  Yes, in just 10 weeks, I will be gone for 5 of them.  Out of 70 days, I will be out of the country for 33.  Almost half of that time.  My head is spinning with the preparation for all of these trips, and occasionally I find myself thinking about one team while preparing for another.

Don't worry about me though, I thrive on this.  My co-worker said it to me just the other day, "You love it when it is like this."  And he was right.  I enjoy the busyness.  I enjoy the multiplicity of jobs and thoughts.  I enjoy the deadline.

However in all of this, I need to make certain that my focus remains fixed.  It is easy in the busyness of life to get so concentrated on the work that needs to be done to forget about time with God, time with friends, sharing truth with people, keeping "the main thing the main thing".  In other words, not loosing sight that I am still to be making disciples and glorifying God in the process.

So whether you hate busyness or love busyness, we all struggle with times that are overwhelming.  Keep the focus of serving God and loving people, and help others to do so as well.  I can use a reminder pretty regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment