Monday, November 30, 2009

4 days and counting


In just 4 short days, I will be leading a team of 11 individuals on a Bundles of Love Trip to Guatemala. We will be giving gifts to over 1500 AMG sponsored children, and then to cap off the week, we will be hosting a Christmas Party for the teachers and the workers.

As of right now, we have 5 1/2 bags packed and ready to go, and we have yet to pack a single article of clothing. I think my son and I will be putting all of our clothes into our backpacks and hopefully that will be enough space for all that we need.

This trip is very different from prior trips because my wife and son are going to join me. I am praying that this trip will open his eyes to see the world that most of the rest of the world sees every day. Poverty, needs, sickness, death... they are all normal daily life for most of the world. As Americans, we are insulated from alot of this, and as Christians, even more so. I pray that God would tear mediocrity and selfishness from his heart, and replace it with a passion for others and a longing to share Christ with them. Actually, as I think of it, I pray that for myself as well.

Won't you pray for us? And maybe even someday join us as we seek to Advance the Ministry of the Gospel throughout the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment