Monday, December 7, 2009

Four Children without sponsors

Today we had an interesting experience watching God provide in the most unusual way. I had written ahead of time to Brian Dennett regarding unsponsored children that we would like to give bundles to as a result of some of our friends giving money. There was a little miscommunication, and four children came today expecting us to have special gifts for them. Since the bundles were not ready yet, and they were from another child care center, we did not think we had anything to give them. However, just the day before we left, I visited Covenant Bank of Rock Spring Georgia, where one employee gave money for bundles, another gave gifts for a sponsored child that she sponsors through AMG, and just before I left, a final employee gave me a bag of gifts for children - just because they love to give. These gifts were perfect for the 5 year old boys that showed up today, and so we were able to pass those toys directly to them. I am sorry but the speed of the internet here is so slow, that uploading pictures is not working. I will try again tomorrow.

Tomorrow we will be handing out bundles in Verbana and El Cerro Child Care Centers. This is when we will begin to see the faces of all of the hundreds of children light up as they receive the gifts that supporters of AMG provided.

Wednesday is a big day as we will visit Filadelfia, Guatemala, and hand bundles to the children there, and we will have a special meeting with 4 children that Cedar Grove Christian Academy in Philadephia, Pa helped support with their donations.

Please continue to pray, and I will see about uploading pictures tomorrow. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Ken, Thank you so much for sharing your joyous times while you are ministering to the children, parents/guardians and grandparents in Guatemala. While I was reading your blog, I found myself actually "seeing" what you were doing there. I know that your experiences and stories are tremendous and I absolutely cannot wait to hear and see about them. Through tears as I read this morning, I praise God for your work and how GOD is using you!

    ReplyDelete