Wednesday, October 14, 2009

How's your faith working for you??

The Bible claims to be God's Word to the world, written by man, but authored by God. This is either true or it isn't!

Christians who believe it to be God's Word, completely true, say that the Bible has all of the answers for life. It either does or it doesn't!

All I know is a manual for my Mazda either is written by someone who knows my car or it isn't. If I conclude that it is written by someone who knows my car, then it either holds all of the answers I need in dealing with my car or it doesn't.

The proof is in the application of that book to my car. If I look for information in the book and find it true and accurate, someone must know what they are talking about. If I am looking for instruction about my car and the book has all the information I need, then I must conclude that the book has the answers necessary for successful operation and care for my vehicle.

The same is true with your "faith". If you hold the Bible to be God's Word written to you holding all of the answers for life, then I must ask - what is your proof? Have you found the Bible to answer your problems? Have you found the Bible to be the final authority in your life?

If your answer is no, then I must ask this: Is it your premise that is off, or is it your conclusion?

I'd love to hear your thoughts...

2 comments:

  1. The bible is not worth the paper it is written on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken I do agree the Bible load weight. I have talked with many people who do not believe that bible is worth anything. This blows my mind, it is a self-help book or an owner manual, however, it is more than that. It is our history, present, and future. It is our most trusted filter and the best tool for witnessing. The Holy Spirit uses it often to give us understanding and direction. The bible is a great gift to His people.
    It is worthless if you don't use it.

    Handle it with care is not a term for how you treat the Bible physically but how you understand and use it in your walk.

    ReplyDelete