Thursday, February 26, 2009

February 2009 News

It has been a month since I began this journey at AMG, and I am excited about what God is doing in my heart, in my family, and with friends. As a missionary, it is my distinct pleasure to attempt to develop a team of people that will pray for us, give to support us, and even plan to join us on the adventures we will be taking. I have been thrilled with the responses of people that are joining with us. I am looking forward to great things.

This year so far, we have 20 short term missions trips planned - Guatemala (4 trips), Peru (5 trips), Mexico (2 trips), Haiti (4 trips), Uganda (2 trips), Greece(2 trips), and the Philippines. I will have the privilege of going on 3 of these trips, and I look forward to some of you joining me in the near future.


Dee and Kendra in Peru '08

My work so far has been to help plan these trips, paperwork, filing, scheduling, pursuing airfare, documentation, insurances... yeah, I know it sounds like a lot of fun :-)

Please pray for the people that are planning to go on these trips. Pray for financing to be available. Pray for their hearts to be prepared in advance. Pray for the people we will be ministering to, especially the kids, that the Holy Spirit would go before us to prepare their hearts as well. Pray for health and safety, and balance that prayer with a prayer for lessons in trust and dependence on God. Pray for wisdom. Pray for cultural sensitivity.

See - there is much work for you to do - that is why I need partners like you. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just found you randomly on blogger. It's amazing what is going on in your lives right now! I hope you get to go on many missions trips in the future.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete